Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Hungry Teacher

Considering I was out all day testing, I don't have a lot to post tonight but I wanted to share a little recipe that I made tonight that turned out so yummy! It was inspired by this Paula Deen casserole that I made with my mom and sister over Christmas.



First I thawed about two cups of shredded frozen hash browns in the microwave and made sure there was no excess water. I then melted about a teaspoon and a half of butter in my baking dish and added the hash browns and spread them around to make a crust. I baked this for about 15 minutes.
While the potato crust was baking I mixed my eggs, milk, salt, pepper, tomato, and cheese. You could add anything here. Mine was kind of skimpy because I just used what I had, which wasn't much.

When the crust comes out pour your egg mixture in and use your whisk or a spoon to make sure everything is kind of spread out.
Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until the center is firm and edges are a little brown. Let cool for a few minutes before cutting.


Yummy!!
Have a good three day weekend!


Hash Brown Egg Casserole
2 Cups frozen shredded hash browns (enough to cover the bottom of a small baking dish)
1-2 teaspoons butter
6 eggs
1/3 cup milk
Sprinkle of salt, pepper, oregano and any other herbs or spices you like
1 cup of shredded cheese (I used a little cheddar and a little parmesan)
1 medium tomato diced

Melt butter in baking dish and mix with thawed hash browns. Spread on the bottom of the dish to form a crust. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until slightly brown.
Mix egg, milk, seasonings, cheese, tomato and any other vegetables or meat.
Pout into baked hash brown crust. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until the center is firm.




No comments:

Post a Comment